This year, with the gracious grant from the Government of Canada – Summer Student Program, the B.L.T. Rails to Trails Association is looking to hire two summer students for eight weeks this year!
Applicants must be:
- Between the age of 15 and 30 and be in secondary or post-secondary school.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or a person to whom refugee protection has been granted.
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number
- Is able to bike 13 kilometres per day, and walk 5 kilometres per day
- Have access to a vehicle, when required.
- Able to operate power tools and garden tools such as drills, saws, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Submit to a criminal record check
The Trail Ambassador job description includes:
- Help and guide trail users
- Conduct minor trail repairs
- Promote a trail safety and safe trail usage with all trail groups
- Fundraiser and promote the trail with stakeholders
The grant is for 8 weeks, starting date late June.
Various shifts – 8 hour days, there will be some evenings and weekends. $13.35 per hour.
The application period ended May 30th and we are no longer accepting submissions. Thank you to everyone who has shown interest in the position.